Relationship Reflection

The relationship with my family is important to me, but most importantly the relationship with my children. My children are my biggest motivation, going through a pregnancy where I lost a child, and never thought that I would be able to have any. Now I am the proud mother of two children is a blessing this is why I get up and do what I have to do to be successful. I cannot fail sometimes I do get discourage and want to give up because things get hard and stressful. But I think about them, and it pushes me to keep going and reaching my goals.

I also have positive relationships with my parents, my mom has always been there for me she has seen me go through my ups and downs, and gave me all the support that I need. She always have encouraging words to motivate me, she is very spiritual and reminds me when times get tough and I may want to give up always pray and ask God for strength to get me through, and honestly I can say this gets me through.

My father is very supportive also, even though he is not as vocal as my mom he supports me by just being there for me, he is that listening ear that I need sometimes. One thing I respect about my father is that he is honest he does not sugar coat anything. If you go to him for advice please be ready because he is going to be honest and straight forward and sometimes this is what I need.

Having these relationships has molded me into the person that I am today. I am strong willed and focused, I own up to anything that I have done, I learn from my mistakes and keep it moving. I set goals and conquer them having these strong relationships created who I am today.

These relationships have impacted my work as an early childhood professional, by creating a person who believe that having support from your family is important. Having these relationships with my family has helped me to be successful. just like in early childhood we have to build relationships with families in order to ensure their children are successful.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Eyeopener

Child Development and Public Health

Codes of Ethics